Some Frequently Asked Questions Answered
1. I Would Like To Work For Debswana Diamond Co. (Pty) Ltd. How Do I Find Out About Available Job Opportunities?
All managerial open vacancies which fall under Group Projects & Technical Services at Debswana are listed in the
Job Search section of our careers website.
All other vacancies are advertised in the local Botswana newspapers as and when vacancies become available.
2. What Should I Expect During The Recruitment Process?
Our Recruitment Process Comprises Of 10 Sub Processes, Depicted Below:
Recruitment Sub Processes
The recruitment cycle commences following submission of a request to recruit by Line Management. Upon ensuring that all recruitment pre-requisites have been met, the vacant position will be advertised and upon receipt of applications, the HR team will perform a pre-screening exercise, where an analysis of the applicants profile is measured against the vacant position role profile. Successful candidate's profiles will then be forwarded to Line Management to perform a short list. Those successfully short listed will be contacted by the recruitment team, inviting them to take part in a series of different types of interviews, followed by applicable job fit assessment tests. The most successful candidate would then be offered the position.
3. After Submitting An Application, How Do I Know If My Job Application Has Been Received?
There are three methods which an applicant will receive acknowledgment of recruitment, depending on their application method:
- If an application is submitted via email, the applicant will receive an automated application confirmation via email.
- If an application is submitted using the e-Recruitment system, the applicant will receive an automated application confirmation letter via email.
- If an application is submitted by mail, only short listed applicants will be responded to by either email or telephonically.
4. What Sort Of Company Perks Does Debswana Offer?
- Generous leave entitlement (maternity, compassionate, sick, sports, paternity, etc.)
- Highly subsidised medical aid
- Pension and/or gratuity 100% contribution by Debswana
- Generous housing allowance or subsidised company accommodation
- Education allowance for high school company employee’s children
- Group life insurance
- Yearly company paid professional membership
- Highly subsidsed personal and motor vehicle insurance
- Free membership of sports club and gym
- Highly subsidised primary school fees in Jwaneng & Orapa mines
5. Who Can I Contact To Enquire On The Debswana Onboarding Process And Any Other Hr Related Matters?
The Debswana Employee Services Centre - Contact Centre (DESC) is located at the Debswana Corporate Centre. All queries / comments on Debswana Onboarding process and any other HR related matters will satisfactorily be dealt with, using either of the following communication channels:
Telephone : +267 364 8850
6. What Do You Offer In The Form Of Training And Development?
Debswana offers an array of training and development initiatives, some of which are as follows:
- "O" Level scholarships
- In-service scholarships
- Graduate Development Programs
- Apprenticeship training
- Artisan Development Programs
- Supervisory & Leadership Development Programs (in-house or through different external services providers)
- Short term programs cutting across various fields (in-house or through different external services providers)
7. If I Am Hired, Would Debswana Help With Relocation Expenses?
Prior to commencement of employment and upon the expiry of contract, the Company shall pay reasonable expenses of repatriation incurred by the employee, spouse and any dependent children under the age of 21 years residing with the employee in any of Debswana operations to the employee's place of recruitment.
8. What Are The Core Working Hours?
Debswana Corporate Centre
Monday to Friday
08h00 – 16h45
12h45 – 14h00
Jwaneng & Orapa, Letlhakane & Damtshaa Mines
Monday to Thursday
07h00 – 16h30
07h00 – 16h00
12h00 – 13h00
At both Jwaneng and Orapa, Letlhakane & Damtshaa mines, employee’s working in the Production environment, work 2 rotational shifts and/or 3 rotational shifts.