It is one of the core values of Debswana Diamond Company to conduct all its operations in a manner that will minimise impact on the environment and uphold the safety and health of our employees.We therefore commit ourselves to:
- Continually improve our safety, occupational health and environmental performance
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and other commitments
- Prevent work-related diseases, injuries and damages to property
- Prevent pollution of the environment
- Conserve natural and other resources
- Treat the protection of safety, occupational health and the environment as the responsibility of everyone working at Debswana
The above commitments will be met by:
- Integrating safety, occupational health and environmental considerations into all aspects of the business process
- Implementing formal safety, occupational health and environmental management programmes
- Providing appropriate training to all employees and contractors
- Assigning responsibility for the coordination of the safety, occupational health and environmental management programmes to appropriately skilled and experienced managers.
- Providing adequate resources and facilities to implement the requirements of this policy.
- Proactively engaging with the government, communities and other stakeholders on matters related to safety, occupational health and the environment
- Making public the company`s safety, occupational health and environmental policy and performance